Celebrating Easter this year was so much fun! Kate participated in the neighborhood egg hunt, and we spent Easter Sunday at my parents’ eating good food and playing corn hole. It was a lovely day!
As you know, I’ve been trying to get Kate to eat lots of veggies, however, since she really only wants to eat bread I’ve been disguising healthy veggies in carbs. So far so good. For Easter I made carrot pancakes! I made a fairly large batch and put the rest in the freezer for us to use in the coming days. This has been so helpful! Now we don’t have to rack our brains to come up with creative ways to make sure she’s getting the nutrients she needs. Here’s the recipe I followed:
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 C walnuts, chopped (I omitted these)
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 C buttermilk
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 C carrots, shredded
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Place flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and walnuts (if desired) in a bowl and stir.
2. In another bowl, mix sugar, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, carrot and eggs.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold.
4. Heat a large griddle over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking spray (I have found things burn a lot easier when I use butter).
5. Spoon batter on the griddle and let sit until bubbles are visible, about 2 minutes. Flip and let cook for 2 more minutes. Enjoy with honey or syrup!