Happy St. Patrick’s Day! What better way to celebrate the day than by eating something green! Since Kate loves muffins (and carbs in general), I decided to try to incorporate foods she doesn’t like (like spinach) into something she loves (like muffins). I found this recipe after doing a quick search on Pinterest, and I think it turned out really well. Adam, who doesn’t like any vegetables, thought the muffins were actually pretty good. Most importantly, Kate really liked them!
- 1 1/2 C flour (I used all-purpose)
- 1 C packed baby spinach leaves (I sauteed them until tender)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 C applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Puree spinach in food processor. Add all other ingredients and blend.
2. Spray muffin tin with no-cook spray (this recipe made nine muffins). Fill 3/4 quarters full.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve while warm with a little butter.