I wish I could take full credit for this recipe, but unfortunately I can’t. My hair stylist, Stacie, told me this recipe at my last appointment and I couldn’t wait to try it! It really is the easiest dinner recipe ever. Almost as easy as “cooking” in a crockpot.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Box of Bell and Evan’s Chicken Breast Tenders*
- 2 Lemons
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Fresh Mushrooms
1. Cook tenders according to the directions on the box.
2. Cut the squash in half and remove all of the seeds. Rub the squash with olive oil, salt and pepper and place it face down on your cookie sheet in the oven with the chicken tenders. The squash will need to cook between 30-45 minutes depending on it’s size.
3. When the chicken and squash are almost finished cooking, melt butter in a sauce pan. Cut the lemons in half and remove seeds. Squeeze juice in the pan with the melted butter.
4. Take the chicken out of the oven and put it in the pan with the lemon butter sauce. Add spinach, mushrooms, capers, etc. and cook for about five minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked/spinach has wilted, etc.
5. While the chicken is soaking up the delicious sauce, remove the “spaghetti” from the squash and put it in a serving bowl.
6. Once the chicken has browned a little more, and the spinach/mushrooms/capers have cooked, serve yourself and enjoy! Don’t forget to put a little sauce on your spaghetti squash.
*I haven’t tried this recipe with any other brand of chicken tenders. I was told that it only works well with the Bell and Evan’s Chicken. Look for this box to ensure your meal turns out perfectly: