I have to be honest, neither Adam or I were interested in the Super Bowl this year. Come to think of it I’m never really into the game (unless the Steelers are playing and then I only hope they win so Adam will be happy). I much prefer college football.
I do, however, really enjoy the social aspect of the Super Bowl. Growing up I always went to a Super Bowl party and I look forward to continuing that tradition each year. This year Adam and I went to Stacy and Jason’s house for delicious food, good company and a little bit of football.
On the way we picked up Bojangles’ 20 piece Jumbo Tailgate Special. I also made a really easy eclair dessert. It literally took 15 minutes to assemble! Yup, assemble…there’s no baking involved! Here’s the recipe (adapted from allrecipes.com).
- 1 box of chocolate graham crackers
- 2 (3 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding mix ( I actually used the white chocolate flavor)
- 3 c milk
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16 oz) package prepared chocolate frosting (Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, etc)
1. Line the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan with graham crackers.
2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Stir well. Let it sit for 5-ish minutes. Add whipped topping and incorporate fully with the pudding.
3. Spread half of the cool whip/pudding mixture over graham cracker layer. Top with another layer of graham crackers and then the remaining pudding. Top all with a final layer of graham crackers.
4. Warm frosting in the microwave for 30-40 seconds to make it “pourable.” Pour on top of the final graham cracker layer and spread evenly.
5. Refrigerate until serving (I suggest about 3 hours; you want to make sure the crackers are soft).
Now, wasn’t that easy?