I was in a cooking mood tonight. Not only did I make a lasagna to take to a friend, but I also made a Chicken Parmesan Skillet Pot Pie for dinner. Sounds delicious, huh? Oh.em.gee. It was delectable! You’ve got to try this…
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly ground is always nice)
- 3 c cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie would be easiest, but I used chicken breast we already had)
- 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, room temperature (Pillsbury is my favorite)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp water
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pour tomatoes into 9 inch cast iron skillet. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Add shredded chicken and gently stir to incorporate thoroughly into tomato sauce. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
3. Unroll pie crust and lay on top of chicken, cheese and sauce mixture. I tucked the edges inside the skillet, but you can also press the edged around the skillet if you’d like.
4. Whisk egg white with 1 tsp water and brush a light coat over the crust. Top evenly with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
5. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.
I was extremely impressed by how well this dish turned out. It was so simple to make; it has def been added to our weekday dinner rotation.
What’s your favorite weekday dinner entree?