I absolutely love banana bread. In college, my roommates and I used to make banana bread at least once a week. Tonight I really got a hankering for it, so I turned to none other than Pinterest. I thought I wanted just basic bread, but when I found this recipe I knew I had to try it! I only had two bananas, but I made it work. 🙂
For the bread:
- 3 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
For the swirl:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Mix bananas, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. sprinkle baking soda and salt around on top of the banana mixture. Then gently stir in flour. Be careful not to over-mix!
- In a small dish, mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 Tbs cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 of the batter to the loaf pan and then sprinkle half, or a little more than half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture all over the batter in the pan. Add the rest of the batter, and then sprinkle the leftover cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm with Nutella and milk!
*Variations: Add walnuts or chocolate chips.