Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE getting mail! Cards, wedding/birth announcements, pictures…I love mail! Lately we’ve been getting a lot of nice message and invites, and our fridge has completely run out of room! I can’t throw anything away so I desperately needed to come up with an idea (or find one on pinterest) of something easy and economical that I could do to display my photos and cards. Check out this photo wreath I discovered! It was exactly what I was looking for: cheap and easy!
- Embroidery hoop
- Clothes pins
- Acrylic paint
- Paint pens
- Wide ribbon
- Hot glue gun or wood glue
1. Arrange clothes pins on an embroidery hoop to determine the spacing. Mark the hoop with a pencil where each clothespin will be added. I used an 8 ½” hoop with regular-sized clothes pins spaced 2″ apart. The top two clothes pins are spaced 3″ apart to allow for the wide ribbon for hanging.
2. Paint the tops of the clothes pins a solid color using the acrylic paint. Add designs/doodles using the paint pens. If you prefer, you could leave the clothes pins their natural wood color for a more rustic look. If you’re not a fan of painting but would like a design, you can also use scrapbook paper or craft tape.
3. Use a hot glue gun (or wood glue) to add the clothes pins to the embroidery hoop. Alternate the clothes pins to point outward and inward to maximize space.
4. Add ribbon for hanging and voilà! Your wreath is ready for photos and embellishing. Add items carefully to keep the clothespins in place (I broke one of my clothes when trying to secure a picture and had to re-glue it!).
I loved doing this project because it’s so versatile and useful! You can decorate the wreath however you’d like; hang it on a door or the wall. The possibilities are endless!
What are some useful craft projects you’ve done recently?